Re: Problems Reading Saved Files With Unicode Names

From: Dominikus Scherkl \(MGW\) (DominikusScherkl@mgw-online.de)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 11:51:08 CDT

    > Because the filename was automatically converted with "?"
    > characters, it is considered and invalid file name and I
    > can't open this.
    How about open them on a system without this problem (like Un*x)?
    But be sure to refer to the file with quotes. something like

    cp CDROM/'my??file' Windows/D/my__file

    should work.

    PS:
    you may get bootable cd-images from several sources for free
    - try searching for 'knoppix', this doesn't need anything to
    install, simply running from the CD (after burning it, of course)

    --
    Viele Grüße aus Gernsheim
    Dominikus Scherkl