Re: Importance of diacritics

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 08:04:11 CDT

    On 15/07/2004 13:21, Alexander Savenkov wrote:

    >>By contrast, and are not interfiled.
    >>

    >I cant see why you put these as an example. They are completely
    >different letters (vowel and consonant), notwithstanding their similar
    >look. ...

    I used these as an example because in Unicode canonically decomposes
    to and breve, just like canonically decomposes to plus diaeresis
    (or umlaut? not sure what German bibliographers would make of this one),
    and a diacritic folding would automatically fold with as well as
    with . I presume the former folding would be unacceptable to Russians,
    at least in some contexts.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)