Re: Unicode v. 4 font software for Mac

From: John H. Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 15:04:53 CDT

    ©ó Jul 15, 2004 12:13 PM ®É¡ADavid Branner ´£¨ì¡G

    > I have tried AsiaFont Studio 4 and FontLab, but they are not compatible
    > with version 4 of the Unicode Standard and hence are not suitable for
    > my
    > purposes.

    I assume that by saying they're not compatible, you mean that they
    don't support characters off of the BMP. If this is the problem, you
    can use Apple's tool ftxdumperfuser to alter the cmap after FontLab has
    generated it. Apple's font tool suite is available at
    <http://developer.apple.com/fonts>.(Alternatively, if you give a
    character a name of the form "uxxxxx," e.g., "u20000" I'm told that the
    latest version of FontLab will generate an appropriate cmap entry for
    it, but I don't know for sure.)

    ========
    John H. Jenkins
    jenkins@apple.com