Re: Unicode v. 4 font software for Mac

From: Adam Twardoch (list.adam@twardoch.com)
Date: Sat Jul 17 2004 - 15:17:21 CDT

    > I have tried AsiaFont Studio 4 and FontLab, but they are not compatible
    > with version 4 of the Unicode Standard and hence are not suitable for my
    > purposes.

    David,

    have you tried doing the following in FontLab 4.6 of AsiaFont Studio 4: To
    assign non-BMP Unicode to a glyph, open glyph Properties, leave the Unicode
    field blank and change the glyph's name to start with a "u", followed with a
    5-digit or 6-digit hexadecimal Unicode number (e.g. u1D400 for the
    MATHEMATICAL BOLD CAPITAL A).

    I should mention that FontLab Studio 5 which will be released later this
    year will fully support Unicode 4.0.x.

    Regards,
      Adam Twardoch <adam@fontlab.com>
      Scripting Products and Marketing Manager
      Fontlab Ltd.