Re: Folding algorithm and canonical equivalence

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 02:56:14 CDT

    At 11:17 PM 7/17/2004, John Cowan wrote:
    >Peter Kirk scripsit:
    >
    > > But I think the best thing to do is to drop *all* Hebrew
    > > combining marks; the result of this is valid unpointed Hebrew.
    >
    >I agree.

    OK, in my last message I was cofused, this was Peter's suggestion and Jony
    had seconded it.

    I take it as confirmed then to do *all* marks, accents and points from the
    Hebrew block.

    Is it agreed that this should be linked to L/G/C accent folding or would it
    be useful to keep the description separate so that these foldings could be
    invoked separately?

    A./