Re: Folding algorithm and canonical equivalence

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 21:20:00 CDT

    Jony Rosenne wrote:

> [...]
    I can't think of any combining mark in the Hebrew block that should be
    left intact when performing such a folding operation. Perhaps a human
    printer making text unpointed might leave one or two in place in
    ambiguous cases, but nothing that a computer could know

    Jony's right: when it's down to brass tacks in Hebrew, it's consonants
    and whitespace (and punctuation, I guess).

    ~mark