Re: Folding algorithm and canonical equivalence

From: John Cowan (
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 21:01:47 CDT

    Asmus Freytag scripsit:

    > There are two options for a starting set:
    > select all 'accents' (note, not baseforms) that occur in some
    > precomposed character. And then add additional ones on a case by case
    > basis (e.g. stroke overlay).
    > Or, start with all gc=Mn from the 0300 and 1DC0 blocks (the latter will
    > be part of 4.1), and make some principled additions / deletions.

    I'd say, start from the combining characters which are in ISO 10646
    Level 3, and then add the combining characters from the abjads
    (Hebrew, Arabic, Syriac).

    XQuery Blueberry DOM                            John Cowan
    Entity parser dot-com
        Abstract schemata
        XPointer errata
    Infoset Unicode BOM                                 --Richard Tobin