Re: Web Form: Subj: Jawi letters

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 01:01:06 CDT

    Yasmin Khan <Yasmin underscore Khan85 at hotmail dot com> wrote via
    Magda Danish (Unicode) <v dash magdad at microsoft dot com>:

    > I'm currently trying to write a program where kids can learn how to
    > spell in a language called Bahasa Jawi (or Jawi in short). This is a
    > language based on the Arabic letters.

    "written with"

    > The letters can be found on this
    > link: http://ms.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulisan_Jawi

    I can't find this language in ISO 639. Ethnologue lists a Djawi and a
    Jawe, but no Jawi, Bahasa anything, or Tulisan anything. How would this
    language be coded?

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/