Re: Umlaut and Tréma, was: Variation selectors and vowel marks

From: Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk (qrczak@knm.org.pl)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 12:17:49 CDT

    W liście z pią, 23-07-2004, godz. 18:01 +0200, Philipp Reichmuth
    napisał:

    > However, to return to the original problem, I don't remember ever having
    > seen a data where it would be necessary to distinguish between trema and
    > diaeresis in the data itself.

    A similar issue: a Polish encyclopaedia I have from 1985 sorts words
    with Ó differently depending on whether this is Polish Ó (sorted between
    O and P, like other Polish letters are after letters without accents)
    or foreign Ó (folded with O, like other foreign accents are folded).
    It's typeset in the same way.

       MOQUETTE
       MÓR [mo:r], city in Hungary
       MORA