Re: Writing Tatar using the Latin script; new characters to encode?

From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 11:14:50 CDT

    On 2004.07.27, 15:21, Alexander Savenkov <savenkov@xmlhack.ru> wrote:

    > Once again, Peter, you're going off the topic. You're invited to
    > prove your assumptions with facts or withdraw them.

    I was in Tatarstan in March 2000 (in Kazan and in Nabr. Cheln.) and
    most of the (scarce) public usage of the Latin script for spelling
    Tatar language I witnessed was indeed in media sponsored by, or under
    the responsability of the Tatarstan Government.

    -- ____.
    António MARTINS-Tuválkin | ()|
    <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
    PT-1XXX-XXX LISBOA Não me invejo de quem tem |
    +351 934 821 700 carros, parelhas e montes |
    http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/ só me invejo de quem bebe |
    http://pagina.de/bandeiras/ a água em todas as fontes |