Re: Saudi-Arabian Copyright sign

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 12:35:45 CDT

    Antoine asked:

    > On Tuesday, September 21st, 2004 18:50 Kenneth Whistler va escriure:
    > >
    > > With this change in place, it seems to me that the case is
    > > quite clear *for* separate encoding of any circled Arabic
    > > letter used as a symbol. If the sequence <062D, 20DD> were
    > > used, instead, it would cursively join inappropriately with
    > > neighboring Arabic characters, unless surrounded by ZWNJ as
    > > well.
    >
    > Then could/should we use the sequence <200C, 062D, 20DD, 200C>?

    You *could* use that sequence, and if your rendering implementation
    were sophisticated enough, it *might* render what you were
    expecting.

    My recommendation, however, is just to pursue encoding of this
    as a symbol character and be done with it. Compared to the
    similar pile of stuff at 2460..24FF and 3200..32FF this one
    additional circled letter symbol would be a drop in the ocean.
    Or.... perhaps in this case, a grain of sand in the desert.

    --Ken