RE: I Heart Huckabees

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 18:27:56 CST

    > From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org]
    On
    > Behalf Of Michael Everson

    > >Obviously, misrepresentation of the title in text so that people end
    > >up reading things like "I heart Huckabees" is a problem.
    >
    > But it begs for the alliteration.

    Hardly. "I heart Huckabees" strikes me as a pretty awkward expression
    syntactically and semantically, no matter the alliteration.

    > Are you sure the "real" title is "I
    > love Huckabees? Even http://imdb.com calls it "I Heart Huckabees".

    If you look at the title shots in the film and in the trailer, and look
    at the advertising spreads (even on the IMDB page), you'll see the title
    uses the heart icon. But you're right, the "textual" title in IMDB is
    different -- someone decided the heart icon couldn't be represented in
    text and so put "heart" in instead -- at least, everything seems to
    point to that in my mind.

    Peter Constable