Re: I Heart Huckabees

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 18:59:32 CST

    I used to collect statements of the form "I <heart> [LANGUAGE]" in
    various [LANGUAGE]s (especially constructed ones, but that's my own
    craziness). So I have "tlhIngan Hol vI♡" and "Ob ♡ob Volapüki" and "Bíi
    ♡ le Láadaneth wa", as well as "Rwy'n ♡ Cymraeg" and "अहं संस्कृते ♡ामि "
    (My mozilla still shows Devanagari "i" on the wrong side, oh well. And
    remember, objects of verbs of affection go in locative and not
    accusative!) and so forth... I tend to read them as "ob HEART-ob
    Volapüki" and so on.

    ~mark