Re: IDN Security, recommended character ranges blacklist

From: John H. Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 11:09:52 CST

    On Feb 15, 2005, at 6:50 AM, Neil Harris wrote:

    > Okay, let's get rid of those two ranges, and only blacklist:
    > * Deseret

    Hmph. I'd better hurry and find someone who'll let me register
    𐐼𐐯𐑅𐐨𐑉𐐯𐐻.net. :-)

    More seriously, I'm not sure I see the harm in letting "unused" scripts
    be used in domain names. It's hard to tell in advance what someone
    would want to use if only it were available.

    ========
    John H. Jenkins
    jenkins@apple.com
    jhjenkins@mac.com