Off-topic (was Re: Encoded rendering instructions (was Unicode's Mandate))

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 15:27:36 CST

    Not according to what I have heard from a number of experts in SGML / XML
    whom I respect: apparently because of the complexity of SGML, there has
    never existed a parser that was fully conformant to the SGML spec. I believe
    that was one of the main motivating factors behind XML, to make a fully
    specified, easily implementable 'subset' of SGML.

    ‎Mark