Re: UCD stability

From: Andrew C. West (andrewcwest@alumni.princeton.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 08:06:50 CST

    At 07:27 AM 3/10/2005, Erik van der Poel wrote:

    >Has anyone done a UCD stability survey? The kind of info that I would like
    >to have is, for example, the percentage of characters that have a change
    >in their General Category Value from one version to the next, starting
    >from the beginning (Unicode 1.1.5).

    According to my calculations, the number of characters which changed their
    General Category from one version of Unicode to the next is :

    1.1.5 -> 2.0.14 = 474 (1.384%)
    2.0.14 -> 2.1.2 = 1 (0.0025%)
    2.1.2 -> 2.1.5 = 16 (0.0410%)
    2.1.5 -> 2.1.8 = 18 (0.0462%)
    2.1.8 -> 2.1.9 = 3 (0.0077%)
    2.1.9 -> 3.0.0 = 85 (0.2182%)
    3.0.0 -> 3.0.1 = 0 (0%)
    3.0.1 -> 3.1.0 = 3 (0.0061%)
    3.1.0 -> 3.2.0 = 7 (0.0074%)
    3.2.0 -> 4.0.0 = 16 (0.0168%)
    4.0.0 -> 4.0.1 = 1 (0.0010%)
    4.0.1 -> 4.1.0 = 12 (0.0124%)

    I don't know what this tells you about the stability of the UCD data though.

    >It would also be nice to know the
    >minimum, median and maximum ages of characters at the time that they are
    >changed.

    My standard consultancy rates apply for this information ;)

    Andrew