Re: Tamil 0B83: Tamil Aytham and Devanagari VisargaL

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 22:09:28 CST

    Sinnathurai Srivas <sisrivas at blueyonder dot co dot uk> wrote:

    > Let's go to the point.
    >
    > Do not probagate untrue messages as part of continuation policy.
    >
    > LET US FIND A PROPER OPERATING MODE for this problem.

    There are other characters in the standard that have misleading or even
    incorrect names. These will not be changed either, and it is not due to
    any effort to insult anyone, or anyone's culture, nation, language,
    religion, or heritage.

    Character names are just strings. I don't know anyone who uses the term
    "low line" to refer to U+005F.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/