From: Rick McGowan (email@example.com)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 16:48:36 CST
Public Review Issue #68
The Unicode Technical Committee has released a beta version of UTS #10
Unicode Collation Algorithm (UCA) Version 4.1.0. It is available for public
review until April 26. This is a running beta; the data files may be
updated during the course of the beta.
This beta provides a data table that is synchronized with the repertoire
of Unicode 4.1.0. In addition, it includes:
* a revised handling of Thai/Lao via contractions
* enhancements to sorting and matching, with a new conformance clause
* changes to the handling of ignorable characters
* guidelines on the use of grapheme joiner
* new introductory text on user expectations
* changes in weights for a small number of characters.
See: http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr10/tr10-13.html for more details,
and ftp://unicode.org/Public/UCA/4.1.0/ for the data files.
If you have comments for official UTC consideration, please post them by
submitting your comments through our feedback & reporting page:
If you wish to discuss issues on the Unicode mail list, then please use
the following link to subscribe (if necessary). Please be aware that
discussion comments on the Unicode mail list are not automatically recorded
as input to the UTC. You must use the reporting link above to generate
comments for UTC consideration.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Wed Apr 06 2005 - 16:50:20 CST