From: Chetan Pandey (
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 21:53:38 CST

  • Next message: Doug Ewell: "Re: Transliterator"

    Dear List:

    I am trying to build a Java program that will convert Devanagari Input into the English Transliteration System( dont even know its name) which has bars over long(dirgha) vowels such as
    [a + BAR ABOVE] for "aa" as in balm,
    [i + BAR ABOVE] for "ii" as in meat, [u + BAR ABOVE] for "uu" as in boot,
    [a + BAR ABOVE] for "aa" as in balm,
    [m + DOT ABOVE } for M as in saMgiita
    If someone can pls tell me what this Scheme is called and where it is represented in Unicode, I will be very grateful.
    Chetan Pandey

    Do You Yahoo!?
    Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Mon Apr 25 2005 - 21:55:02 CST