Re: String name and Character Name

From: Erkki Kolehmainen (erkki.kolehmainen@kotus.fi)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 07:25:35 CST

    However, character names are currently not included in the CLDR.

    Incidentally, since we have already translated and published the 1052
    Finnish character names of the Multilingual European Subset # 2 of the
    10646/Unicode as defined by CEN Workshop Agreement 13873:2000, this
    wouldn't be a big burden for us.

    Actually, a large number of English speaking environments have been
    defined in CLDR. To me, they all define data for localized user
    interfaces (and I didn't detect any particular, explicit contrast in
    Otto's statement, but alas, my native tongue isn't English, either).

    Regards, Erkki I. Kolehmainen