Re: Ligatures fi and ffi

From: Hans Aberg (haberg@math.su.se)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 14:10:43 CDT

    At 19:43 +0100 2005/06/02, Jon Hanna wrote:
    >Hans Aberg wrote:
    >>It seems me that, when considering a new glyph, one should strive
    >>to figure if there is any semantic value to it; if not, it should
    >>probably not be added.
    >
    >Hans, what the hell are you talking about?

    Sorry, I do not see what you are hinting at here.

    >Seriously, have even read the Standard this list discusses?

    No. It is better if you quote the sections that you think relevant,
    and give your interpretations of it. For example, I twice pointed out
    to BS that he was wrong about the C++ standard, in a friendly and
    courteous manner, of course. Since you view yourself better in this
    respect than principle designers of major computer languages, I
    suggest you show off your abilities a little more.

    --
       Hans Aberg