Re: Ligatures fi and ffi

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 18:13:40 CDT

    Hans Aberg wrote:

    >> Seriously, have even read the Standard this list discusses?
    >

    > No. It is better if you quote the sections that you think relevant,
    > and give your interpretations of it. For example, I twice pointed out
    > to BS that he was wrong about the C++ standard, in a friendly and
    > courteous manner, of course. Since you view yourself better in this
    > respect than principle designers of major computer languages, I
    > suggest you show off your abilities a little more.

    How can we even have a discussion about it then? We could be arguing
    about totally different things! One side of this discussion is just
    wasting the other's time here. Unless and until we are talking about the
    same standard that needs or doesn't need amending, this thread is a
    waste of bandwidth.

    ~mark