RE: It is easy to predict the past.

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 02:10:41 CDT

    At 10:44 -0700 2005-06-15, Asmus Freytag wrote:

    >Those are details, but they point out that creating didactic
    >materials in a portable way involve much more than creating
    >ordinary texts.

    And that has ALWAYS been true. Printing Ge'ez with red dots or any
    rubricized text would have been a technical challenge from lead type
    to linotype.

    Today, we have sophisticated ways of introducing coloured
    illustrations in didactic materials, and PDF can provide published
    material in any format the creator likes.