Re: Tamil sha (U+0BB6) - deprecate it?

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 14:07:43 CDT

    More than Sanskrit English is the extremely important to be transliterated
    in Tamil.
    This can be done by using Tamil system.

    Sanskrit is always seen a wanton intrusion to destroy all Indic languages
    and cause confusion. Tamil has been defending it self for hundreds of years.
    Tamil has it's own system and a sophisticated system.

    Unicode is not the entity that should decide the demise of the ancient and
    sophisticated Tamil, like the demise of all other Indic languages.

    Sanskrit is not Tamil, though Sanskrit borrows vast amount of technology and
    vocabulary from Tamil. Let's Tamil follow it's own ways.

    0BB6 must be deprecated.

    0BB6 was encoded illegally by Unicode (I'll expand on this once I get
    answers to how the 0BB6 was encoded in the first place).

    Unicode, please, please save Tamil from this onslaught. Tamil has been
    fighting this battle for a long time. Mostly all other Indic languages lost
    this battle and surrendered them for a not very appreciable technology.

    Save Tamil.

    Srivas