Re: Jumping Cursor. Was: Right-to-Left Punctuation Problem

From: Gregg Reynolds (unicode@arabink.com)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 17:27:29 CDT

    Jony Rosenne wrote:
    > I object. The proposal, were it to be accepted, would create havoc.
    >
    > 2) Numbers should be LTR so they can be cut and pasted from and to other applications that treat them as numbers rather than text.

    That has nothing to do with encoding. It is purely an implemtation
    issue. If the digit codepoints have properly specified semantics, there
    is no problem. If you cut RTL digits from you editor and try to paste
    them into an LTR editor, it's a pretty simple matter for the receiving
    app to detect the directionality and adjust accordingly.

    -g