Update # 21 (Re: Public Review Issues Update)

From: N. Ganesan (naa.ganesan@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 13:35:33 CDT

    Happy to know that Malayalam digit Zero glyph
    will be changed in Unicode, and numerics for
    10, 100 & 1000 will be added. I provided supporting material for these
    changes and addition of characters. The glyph for digit Zero in all
    Indian languages look uniform now as it was introduced from Europe in
    the 19th century.

    Now that PRI # 71 is closed,
    http://www.unicode.org/review/pr-71.html
    in
    http://www.unicode.org/review/resolved-pri.html

    Since the arithmetic using numerics of 10, 100 &
    1000 but without digit zero is unique in the
    world to Tamil and Malayalam languages, an update
    of UTN #21 becomes necessary with a mention of Tamil and Malayalam
    numerics.

    http://www.unicode.org/notes/tn21/
    &
    http://www.unicode.org/notes/tn21/tamil_numbers.pdf

    We can provide to MichKa parallel Malayalam examples of numbers
    corresponding to the Tamil numbers given in utn#21.

    Regards,
    N. Ganesan