Re: Punctuation character (inverted interrobang) proposed

From: Denis Jacquerye (moyogo@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 21:44:30 CST

    On 10/20/05, David Starner <prosfilaes@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On 10/19/05, Denis Jacquerye <moyogo@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > Isn't inverted interrobang simply the sequence U+00BF + U+00A1 ?
    >
    > No, no more than w is vv. Interrobang doesn't even have a
    > compatibility decomposition to ?! or !?, so it would be inconsistent
    > to treat inverted interrobang as anything but a unified character
    > (whether or not it's worth encoding). This just isn't the same as
    > accented characters that can be combined.

    My question was "Isn't inverted interrobang simply the sequence
    U+00BF + U+00A1". I frankly don't care what interrobang is or isn't,
    and I don't think it is relevant here. Legacy is legacy, you have to
    look forward. Inverted interrobang is not simply the interrobang
    character inverted.
    Inverted interrobang is U+00BF + U+00A1 as far as I can tell, inverted
    question mark followed by inverted exclamation mark. You're answer
    "No" doesn't make it clear why not?

    --
    Denis Moyogo Jacquerye --- http://home.sus.mcgill.ca/~moyogo