superscript digits

From: Kent Karlsson (kent.karlsson14@comhem.se)
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 17:28:58 CST

    (This message is (or was) in UTF-8.)

    Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

    > The use of subscript and superscript characters is surely limited
    > by many factors, including
    > Yet, within their limitations, they do a fine job. You can use
    > them in many contexts where formatting, styles, or markup cannot
    > be used, or should not be used.

    And also in some cases also where markup IS used. E.g., for m³, kW/m²
    (or kW⋅m⁻², though it may be cautious to use MIDDLE DOT rather
    than DOT OPERATOR), etc. I think it would be a bad idea to use markup
    for these unit "name" expressions, even though that would be better
    for general math expressions (including for "style" expressed difference
    for a "fraktur" v, etc., and <mr>cos</mr> for "plain" cos, rather than
    using the "math alphanumerics" characters).

            /kent k