RE: Exemplar Characters

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 15:36:36 CST

    Rick noted:

    > Speaking of "Religious wars", the above is incorrect. I live in San José,
    > California, and the name of my city is *commonly* written with an accent.
    > All the time, by ordinary people, and government. It's part of our
    > heritage, and the usage is increasing all the time.

    And I grew up in La Cañada, California, and the name of that
    city has been *commonly* written with a tilde over the n
    for *50* years or more. All the time, by ordinary people, and
    government. It's part of their heritage, and believe me, it
    isn't a Spanish-speaking town.

    http://www.lacanadaonline.com/
    http://www.lacanadaflintridge.com/

    Only the input challenged ever leave the tilde off.

    --Ken