Re: Exemplar Characters

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 15:56:00 CST

    Ken wrote,

    > And I grew up in La Cañada, California

    Yup. It's true. Now that we 'Mericans are no longer hampered by Neandertal
    "typewriter" technology right out of a Flash Gordon serial, ordinary
    people are starting to use accents frequently in their daily lives. You see
    them ever more commonly in articles, novels, signs, tattoos, etc. It's
    pretty clear that accents have jumped species from Heävy Metäl Önly and are
    running rämpant in the wilds of Peöria. They're as English as scrüples and
    dräms.

    Umlaüt on, my friends. Be Exëmpläry. Peäce oüt.

            Rick