Re: Musical symbols

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Sat Jan 07 2006 - 13:01:48 CST

    Hi Pupeno --

    > Now, Lilypond's feta's glyphs have the baseline of the glyphs
    > in the same place as the baseline of the musical symbol (which
    > commonly is the middle of the symbol). That is unbelievable
    > usefull for drawing a Score like in [1], but on running text
    > it looks bad, most symbols look like they have been dropped[4].

    I think in your case, the answer will depend on the purpose of the font.
    If your purpose is only to draw for running text, then you might want to
    raise the baseline. If you'r producing a music font for actual production
    work, stick with the baseline running through the note heads, etc.

    There is at least one freely available font that I think has musical
    symbols... Have you tried James Kass's "Code 2000" or "Code 2001" fonts?

    http://home.att.net/~jameskass/index.htm#dn

    Hope that's of some help.

            Rick