Proposal: Sagittal accidentals for microtonal music

From: Keenan Pepper (keenanpepper@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 19:55:44 CST

    From http://users.bigpond.net.au/d.keenan/sagittal/ :

    "The Sagittal notation system is a comprehensive system for notating
    musical pitch in all possible scales and tunings - a universal set of
    microtonal accidentals, equally suited to extended just intonation,
    equal divisions of the octave (or of any other interval), or any of
    the non-just non-equal "middle path" tunings or temperaments. It is
    called Sagittal because, you guessed it, it uses various arrow-like
    symbols, pointing up or down to indicate raising or lowering of
    pitch."

    I think Sagittal should be added to Unicode because it's a complete
    and usable system, it's becoming the de facto standard for microtonal
    music, and no existing Unicode characters are sufficiently similar to
    be considered equivalent.

    Should I go ahead and write a proposal according the instructions at
    http://www.unicode.org/pending/proposals.html ?

    Keenan Pepper