RE: Representative glyphs for combining kannada signs

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 14:57:46 CST

    > From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org] On
    > Behalf Of Andrew West

    > That's true, but clearly Charmap is using Uniscribe support...

    > > Running text in Notepad is a different matter altogether.
    > >

    > A different matter maybe, but the same problem.

    I said all along that the Charmap issue is due to Uniscribe behaviour; when you identified the problem, you were stating what I had already stated, so indeed it is the same "problem".

    What I said was a different matter was what the display expectations for Character Map and Notepad are -- these are *not* the same.

    Peter Constable