Case insensitive comparisons

From: Jony Rosenne (jr@qsm.co.il)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 11:40:03 CST

    in
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/ht
    ml/StringsinNET20.asp

    Microsoft recommends for case insensitive comparisons:

    "DO: Use ToUpperInvariant rather than ToLowerInvariant when normalizing
    strings for comparison."

    I have seen similar recommendation elsewhere.

    However, I was under the impression that in Unicode it is better to do
    ToLower for removing case, because of the German SS.

    Which is better? Should the UTC take a position?

    Jony