Re: Finnegans Wake, was Re: comment on L2/06-215

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 06:35:30 CDT

    Erkki,

    At 14:22 +0300 2006-06-26, Erkki Kolehmainen wrote:

    >you seem to be presently mixing up the UPA and the Landsmålsalfabetet.

    Actually I just don't know what character Peter
    is talking about and while travelling I haven't
    been able to look it up. But weren't the UPA
    additions borrowings from the LMA?

    >This was a UPA addition, and the name was
    >corrected already at the WG2 meeting (at my
    >request). The LMA names have not solidified yet
    >(since you and Asmus agreed on them not being
    >the best possible candidates, while you were
    >unable to agree on what would be), but please
    >ensure that they'll be right at the time of the
    >ballot comments.

    I would be very happy to talk with you and Klass
    and Trond offline about that, because since Trond
    and I are starting to look into the larger
    implications of LMA, Norvegia, and Dania.

    Best regards,