Re: Finnegans Wake, was Re: comment on L2/06-215

From: Erkki Kolehmainen (erkki.kolehmainen@kotus.fi)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 08:03:32 CDT

    Michael,

    The UPA additions were (and will be, since - as our background document
    explains - there will eventually be some more) independent from LMA.
    We did, however, happen to request additional UPA characters and a
    subset of LMA characters in the same meeting. Our request for the LMA
    characters was deliberately a limited one, asking for only the ones that
    the Swedish department of RILF presently needs for a publication.

    I should also strongly advise you to involve Sweden in the LMA proposal,
    especially now that Svenska Språknämnden is intending to participate in
    the standards work of SIS TK445 (also for CLDR).

    Regards, Erkki