Re: CJK Extension C

From: Dominikus Scherkl (lyratelle@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 02:01:17 CST

    vunzndi@vfemail.net schrieb:
    > The roadmap for "new" CJK characters is to place them in plane 2, since the
    > whole of plane 2 is roadmap for CJK charcters, at present only extension B.
    > Extension C will be added sometime
    And I think very soon (as they are bold green in the roadmap)

    > there are many extension C's in unicode, here we are talking about unified cjk
    > extension C
    Of course - as implied by the subject.
    The links in the roadmap have been corrected, as I was told.

    >> The best bet for character repertoire charts seems to be these PDF
    >> files which were linked earlier in this thread:

    > http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~irg/irg/irg27/WG2N3134AttachmentA_C1_Part1_Page001-080.pdf
    > http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~irg/irg/irg27/WG2N3134AttachmentA_C1_Part2_Page081-160.pdf
    > http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~irg/irg/irg27/WG2N3134AttachmentA_C1_Part3_Page161-235.pdf

    Yes, very useful.

    >> These charts don't use proposed Unicodes, though.
    Of course not, but the mapping to the proposed codepoints should be
    pretty 1:1.

    >> Is there a Unicode-based chart which should be linked on the
    >> road map?
    Not now, I assume, so thanks for the above links.

    --
    Dominikus Scherkl