Re: IE7

From: Hans Aberg (haberg@math.su.se)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2006 - 13:36:21 CST

    On 12 Nov 2006, at 19:28, Frank da Cruz wrote:

    > Just installed IE7 on a computer where I also have a large variety of
    > Unicode fonts (including Code 2000 and 2001), and where, in both IE6
    > and FireFox, my UTF8 sample page:
    >
    > http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/utf8.html
    >
    > comes out almost perfectly (the only characters that don't show up
    > correctly are the Gothic ones).

    It seems a good idea to have a sample text in many languages to test
    the Unicode character set, but there are some semantic differences.
    The Swedish text says, when translated, "I can eat glass without
    hurting me", implying that a special technique must be used, whereas
    the English text says "I can eat glass and it doesn't hurt me",
    implying that no special technique is needed. :-)

       Hans Aberg