Re: Word 2007 embedded font

From: Raymond Mercier (rm459@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 02:03:58 CST

Murray,
>>If you go to
>>http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-376.htm, you
>>can download ECMA-376.pdf, which is a large file documenting Microsoft
>>Office's Open XML formats. The XML pertinent to font embedding is in
>>Section 2.8 (Fonts) of the WordprocessingML Reference Material. This
>>section starts on p. 1519 of the ECMA-376.pdf file. Section 2.8.1 (Font
>>Embedding) should be particularly relevant.<<

Thanks - that is absolutely what I wanted. I had got part of the way to
understanding how to apply the 16 byte key to the opening bytes of the
.odttf, but in fact the answer is easier than I imagined. I like the way
they refer to the fontkey as 'obfuscation'.
I am just surprised that I could pick up no reference to ECMA either from
the Office site or by googling.

Raymond