Re: New translation posted

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 19:48:59 CST

    It's interesting to note that the only published translation of this page which I can't display correctly in Mozilla or Firefox (on XP or Vista) is the Telugu one.

    Do you have solutions about it? (the Telugu translation is properly rendered in IE7 on XP or Vista).
    I have followed various suggestions (including the installation of an optional addon for Firefox), but all of them are tweaking the system so that it corrupts the rendering of many other scripts. It just seems that Mozilla or Firefox still does not have the minimum support for that common script in its rendering engine (despite the support is present in the background OS).

    Also, there's still a minor bug for rendering Tamil (visible in the translation title).

    Let's hope that this page is used to demonstrate what browsers should be capable to display correctly, and which minimum set of fonts should be provided with them or with the underlaying OS.
    (But I would suggest that this page also gives a PDF rendering of each translated text, as a reference for their expected correct rendering).

    Thanks.