Re: Telugu Unicode in Win 98 / Me

From: Omi Azad (write@omiazad.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2007 - 11:30:49 CST

    Hello Ravi,
    Windows 98/ME doesn't support Unicode Simply. But it doesn't mean you
    cannot show your site to 98/ME users. IE5+ users can still see your site
    if they have one Telugu font installed.

    On the other hand you can use Microsoft WEFT technology for embedding
    the font and visitors with IE will get the font downloaded automatically
    for their browser. All the text rendering will be OK as it is in windows
    Vista (if you make the EOT using Vista).

    But non IE users cannot see the site on 98/ME.

    Feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I think you can have
    some help from: http://groups.msn.com/MicrosoftWEFTuserscommunity/

    Thanks
    Omi