RE: Generic base characters

From: Dean Harding (dean.harding@dload.com.au)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 18:34:48 CDT

    > There may be two or more reasons why you are not seeing the dotted circle.
    > 1/ The font you use may have illegally omitted to include dotted circle within the font
    > 2/ The rendering engine you use may not support Unicode requirements on dotted circle
    > 3/ Their may be other reasons.

    As far as I understand, the dotted circle is inserted by the rendering engine, it’s nothing to do with the font.

    My other guess is that Sinnathurai is running Windows XP and Benham is running Windows Vista. Clearly, the "bug" was not in Unicode but in the version of Uniscribe included with Windows XP (or at least "not implemented" rather than a "bug")

    Dean.