RE: Generic base characters

From: Kent Karlsson (kent.karlsson14@comhem.se)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 03:42:55 CDT

    Sinnathurai,

    While I agre with you in principle, you:

    1) don't express it well, and

    2) put the blame at the wrong place.

    As to (1), I have a hard time seeing how *grammar* (even as "[The Tamil] Grammar") has anything to do with this.
    Use of the (Tamil) script is relevant, whether it is "standard"/"official" use, or more or less unconventional use.
    But that isn't grammar but orthography.

    As to (2), Unicode is underspecified at this point, but does *not* actually prevent the (proper) display you, and I, seek.
    Some implementation do prevent that, though. But the Unicode standard does not prevent it.

            /kent k

    PS
    I have no chance of following an argument written in Tamil... Sorry.

      _____