Re: Generic base characters

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 17:02:35 CDT

    RE: Generic base charactersDotted circle does not indicate one has made an errro, but it indicates that this is a Unicode bug due to design errors.

    example:
    3.1.1 line2 at http://www.araichchi.net/tol/tol-ezuththaihaaram.htm

    Also Tamil Grammar specifically states that if longer than long vowels are needed then add/accumulate more of the required vowel characters.

    there for Unicode has a bug, by not allowing Grammar to take charge.

    Unicode acts against Tamil grammar, ie, pronounces the Grammar is wrong and Unicode method is correct. But the reality is that Unicode has a bug.

    Unicode unnecessarily creates problems for Indic writing.

    Thanks
    Sinnathurai