Re: Apostrophes at www.unicode.org

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2007 - 14:16:28 CDT

    Any font may be called upon to populate a chart.

    The attached graphic shows a word in Mongolian from a page by Andrew
    West in the application BabelPad with both default rendering and the
    rendering option which displays text as single characters. Where's
    the problem?

    The control pictures are coming from the font-in-use, which is the
    absolute *best* place for any renderer to get the outline data from.

    If the font-in-use does not support VS characters, then I expect the
    renderer to use the missing glyph from that font. That makes the
    fact that the selected font is inappropriate visible to the author/user.

    Best regards,

    James Kass