Re: Modifier turned i and <sup>turned i

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 15:19:29 CDT

    > Why doesn' the following have this approximate equivalent?
    > U+1D4E MODIFIER LETTER SMALL TURNED I;<sup>U+1D09 LATIN SMALL LETTER TURNED I

    It was probably an oversight during the initial beta review
    for the data file additions for this repertoire. Note
    that U+1D4C MODIFIER LETTER SMALL TURNED OPEN E got an
    arguably wrong compatiblity decomposition, for a similar reason: the
    target base characters were overlooked in the context of the
    list of what otherwise are mostly small capital forms for UPA.

    Unfortunately, nice as it would be to update both of those,
    the requirements of normalization stability prevent it.

    --Ken