RE: Needs help identifying script

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 00:12:08 CDT

    Your second image confirms to me that there are at least two scripts,
    separated by the row of dots; I can't tell if there are even any letters in
    the top part, on both sides of the 7-branch candelar: possibly just
    decorations, or some hieroglyphic symbols.

    The top part (below the decorations, four lines just above the row of dots)
    looks more like an old north-western Greek tradition (I see an old Alpha in
    it, as well as Chi, Sigma, Eta, Epsilon, Tau, Omega, ... but also an
    Armenian Be, an Armenian Kim, ...), rather than the South-Eastern Semitic
    tradition (in the bottom part).