Re: Needs help identifying script

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 02:18:06 CDT

    John Hudson wrote,

    >Note that the second image shows a different plate. Apparently there are 19 in all. I
    >encourage Mike to post some higher resolution images on a website, so we can get a better
    >look at these things. If it is possible to get cross-lit photos taken straight-on without
    >flash, so much the better.

    Mike kindly sent along some additional images, but, as a ZIP
    package they are over the size limit allowed for attachments
    to this list.

    The plates are not large. They are approximately 7.5 cm x 4 cm.
    Some of the pictures appear to show the process of separation of
    the plates. The rings or bindings also look to be made of lead.

    The two pictures we've seen look to be the best of the lot as
    far as showing detail. I've experimented with grayscaling the
    images (and so forth), but the results aren't substantially
    better. (I suspect John Hudson tried this, too.)

    If cross-lit photos aren't available, are there any sketches?

    Best regards,

    James Kass