Re: New brackets (6 new symbols)

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2007 - 05:11:34 CDT

    Hello Dmitry Turin,

    Cf. <http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U27C0.pdf>.

    > because modern conceptual constructions are complex and
    > consist from repeated enclosures, and old brackets are not enough.

    Have you ever tried to locate all the brackets already
    defined in Unicode and assess their usefulness for your purpose?

      U+005B LEFT SQUARE BRACKET
      U+005D RIGHT SQUARE BRACKET
      U+007B LEFT CURLY BRACKET
      U+007D RIGHT CURLY BRACKET
      U+2045 LEFT SQUARE BRACKET WITH QUILL
      U+2046 RIGHT SQUARE BRACKET WITH QUILL
      U+2308 Corner Brackets
      U+2329 LEFT-POINTING ANGLE BRACKET
      U+232A RIGHT-POINTING ANGLE BRACKET
      U+239B Bracket Pieces
      U+23B0 Bracket Pieces
      U+23B4 Vertical Brackets
      U+23DC Bracket Variants for Vertical Text
      U+2768 Ornamental Brackets
      U+27E6 left bag bracket
      U+27E7 right bag bracket
      U+27E8 left sequence bracket
      U+27E9 right sequence bracket
      U+27EA left chevron bracket
      U+27EB right chevron bracket
      U+2983 LEFT WHITE CURLY BRACKET
      U+2984 RIGHT WHITE CURLY BRACKET
      U+3008 LEFT ANGLE BRACKET
      U+3009 RIGHT ANGLE BRACKET
      U+300A LEFT DOUBLE ANGLE BRACKET
      U+300B RIGHT DOUBLE ANGLE BRACKET
      U+300C LEFT CORNER BRACKET
      U+300D RIGHT CORNER BRACKET
      U+300E LEFT WHITE CORNER BRACKET
      U+300F RIGHT WHITE CORNER BRACKET
      U+3010 LEFT BLACK LENTICULAR BRACKET
      U+3011 RIGHT BLACK LENTICULAR BRACKET
      U+3014 LEFT TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET
      U+3015 RIGHT TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET
      U+3016 LEFT WHITE LENTICULAR BRACKET
      U+3017 RIGHT WHITE LENTICULAR BRACKET
      U+3018 LEFT WHITE TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET
      U+3019 RIGHT WHITE TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET
      U+301A LEFT WHITE SQUARE BRACKET
      U+301B RIGHT WHITE SQUARE BRACKET

    Cf. <http://www.unicode.org/charts/symbols.html>
    and <http://www.unicode.org/charts/charindex.html>
    with links to the respective code charts.

    Best wishes,
       Otto Stolz