Tamil Sri / Shri

From: Bala (bala@cse.mrt.ac.lk)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 09:49:22 CST

    Hi All,

    I have accidently found an issue regarding Grantha Sri/Shri which is used in Tamil. Please help me in understanding this.

    When I was referring the ‘Tamil Moli Akarathi’ – Kathiraiver Pillai (Dictionary), I found 2 different Sri/Shri which are two different shapes and they do have different meanings as well. In addition they were placed in 2 different positions in the sequences. Please refer attachment 1 and attachment 2.

    After that when I refer another dictionary I found that they also placed 2 different Sri/Shri. (பேரகராதி – 1938)

    Please help me in how to handle this situation? What are encoding to handle this? Is the following 2 code sequence are right?

    1) 0BB8 + 0BCD + 0BB0 + 0BC0 and

    2) 0BB6 + 0BCD + 0BB0 + 0BC0

    Also which sequence belongs to which Sri / Shri?

    Thank you in advanced

    Bala (Sri Lanka)

    pic2.JPG
    pic1.JPG